Sunday, August 14, 2011

Parting thoughts...


Well, now I’m writing this paragraph at home. I’ve slept 24 hours in the last 2 days. Now I’m at home and my dad already has lots of stuff he wants me to get done on the farm. My brother is coming to visit Tuesday so I’m excited about that. You know what I’m going to miss most about Jerusalem? Being able to go outside and have some of the most important sites in Christianity just minutes walk away from me. I wonder if I’ll ever get over missing that feeling.

I wish I could explain some of the feelings I’ve had in the last several hours as well as this whole last week. To walk where Jesus walked, to go the places where he spent his last week in mortality, also to experience the culture of the land as well as spend time with my friends, has been truly amazing. I’ve learned so much about the scriptures, the historical geography of them, as well as this nation and the people of it. I can only thank God for the experience I’ve had here that I’ll remember the rest of my life. I hope this blog has been inspiring to some of you, and that you’ve been able to share in a little of what I have in the Holy Land. Maybe I’ll keep blogging, or throw some more pictures up, I’m not sure, but hopefully some of you have learned more about the Holy Land, and you’ll think back to this blog when you’ve read something neat in the scriptures.  Adieu! 


1 comment:

Sarah Griggs said...

You won't ever get over missing it...BUT the best thing about going to the BYU Jerusalem Center is that you get to come home a changed person and use the knowledge and testimony you gained to bless your life and lives of others! Welcome home Jarom!